Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2009 mustang v6 I replace both fuel pumps and fuel filter

Customer Question

My 2009 mustang v6 I replace both fuel pumps and fuel filter and my car want stay started from fuel I pressed the fuel reset button I son know what else it could be I am not get fuel transfered to the motor
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Ni
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. What is the fuel pressure at when the engine stalls out or does not want to remain running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not remain running after it turns over and starts
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
What is the fuel pressure at when the engine stalls out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pressure is up the fuel gauge is up. The car starts the dies not receiving fuel. I replace the fuel pump the fuel filter and the other fuel transfer unit. The gas is not flowing after it is started the tank is sealed right
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
So the fuel pump is not running after the engine is started? Have you checked power to the fuel pump when this happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the car dies you hear the pump engaging
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
And what is the fuel pressure at when this happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gauge is up then dies
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you start the car up the gauge goes from E to a half a tank start up then dies
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I am talking about the fuel pressure. Not the amount of fuel in the tank according to the fuel gauge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is now way I can check for the pressure common sense told me that the float was registering gas was in the tank from no gas to a half a tank once the car was turned on
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Maybe we should speak over the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u call me(###) ###-####I've spent over 800 on parts I'm very frustrated they have already taken money out my account for this and I'm still not getting any help I need my car bad I have to work this is taking up so much of my time please help me
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my offer and call me now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car had already been towed to a shop more money spent just paid u for answers I didn't get just a waste of time & money thanks
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I cant help if you dont provide me with the right information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told u it will start but cuts off i had no way of checking the pressure after I put the fuel pump on Ive stated that already!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I understand. And I told you I needed the fuel pressure specs.. which you did not provide me with and you did not call me like you were supposed to.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
So I will not be able to help you because you did not play by the rules. Good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not mechanic I don't know how to give u the fuel pressure spec that's y I didn't provide u with that information because I didn't have it! Good day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I didn't have the 10 to call u
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Different tech here, would you like me to try and help?