rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Will not start plows smoke out the tail pipe JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

will not start plows smoke out the tail pipe
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: was running good but just when dead going down the road
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Okay, this can be a blown head gasket or oil consumption like a broken oil ring. If it's a turbo equipped motor,then that can be the problem. The best thing to do now is a full compression test.Thanks, Ron