Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have been going crazy since I changed my intake manifold

Customer Question

Hello I have been going crazy since I changed my intake manifold on my 2007 ford f150 4.6 im get a obd code 2197 I have change the coils , spark plugs,fuel filter, air filter, have cleaned mass and throttle body also changed oxygen sensors at this point I dont know where else to lool for??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: On my obd reader its coming out fuel system 1 cl_fault
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.In most cases, codes P2195 or P2197, as in your particular case come up after upper engine repairs have been done and the harness has gotten pinched or damaged by a bolt or stud or bracket and is causing shorts between supply voltage and Oxygen sensor circuits - since this is not a short-to-ground, there is no burnt fuse or wire to act as telltale.Thoroughly inspect/trace the HO2S harness all the way from the sensors to where they splice into the engine harness and on to the computer. If no short is revealed that way, let me know and we'll continue the diagnosis.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I checked the cable and its okay what else can it be
This is one of those codes that can be the result of many different faults, from that short-to-power I just mentioned to a leaking EGR, wrong fuel pressure, cam timing off, etc. The diagnostic sequence recommended by Ford basically goes through everything and includes using a scan tool to perform some of the diagnostic tests.I would recommend saving yourself some time and getting a scan tool to read all the pertinent engine PIDs so you can focus on the ones showing to be out of parameter.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already have a scan tool where do I have to lool and if you could guided me thru this process
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I attached 8 picture with my live data please take a look and let me know what you see thanks
Your scan tool doesn't give us much to work with, but as far as I can see from the pics you uploaded, fuel pressure and EGR are OK; I also see no signs of a vacuum leak.The PID that jump at me are the two S1 voltages being way too low at 0.09 and 0.06 volts each. Which brings me back to thinking we have a problem with the wiring.Will you be able to follow the circuits if I upload the diagrams? Reason I ask is because if you'd want me to trace it along with you, then we would go with the Premium Service that would allow me to spend more time with you for an additional fee of $50.Also, you would need a good voltmeter or scope for the tests.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes please send me the diagram I will follow it
OK. The diagram is in two parts. Start by making sure there is good VPWR - check the fuse first.If that's all you want me to help you with, please accept and rate my answer now. Otherwise reply and I'll send you the Premium Service Offer your you to approve.Best Regards.