Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Freestyle limited: The AWD malfunction light has been on for

Customer Question

The AWD malfunction light has been on for a few weeks what could it be? could it be related to the recall due to the fuel tank straps falling on it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. This is not due to the recall. Do you know the codes stored? The most common AWD fix is a replacement DEM differential electronics module on the rear axle. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris