AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner

Harmonic balancer making alot of noise and appears to be wobbling

Customer Question

harmonic balancer making alot of noise and appears to be wobbling when viewed from top of engine compartment. i assume it needs to be replaced. what is a fair price for this job?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: 2007 explorer eddie bauer
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 6 months ago.
Hello. That is a 1.3 hour job. Labor price depends on your chosen shops hourly rate but shouldn't exceed 150.00. that's if they have a shop rate of 100/hr and round up to 1.5 hours. The harmonic balancer itself is rather pricey. You can get one yourself for around 90.00 plus shipping. The shop will likely charge considerably more than that if they provide it.
Hello. I noticed this question is still open. Do you still need any assistance with this?