Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license

Airbag light on a 2006 mountaineer' JA: The mechanics have

Customer Question

airbag light on a 2006 mountaineer'
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: code b2292
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Thge most common cause of an airbag light in your Mountaineer is a clock spring that has failed and causing an open circuit at the driver's side air bag. Have you had the air bag module trouble codes checked yet? Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The vehicle was involved in a front end impact. Airbag deployed, replaced airbag, sensor on column, and module, and now have replaced the retractor and still get the same code thrown
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
What is the code?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Ok, hang on a minute. I will be right back. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Ok, you may have excessive resistance in that pretensioner circuit (connector/wiring,). Below is a pinpoint test for that code. Loose fitting pins at the module or the pretensioner can cause this. Click on the link below to see the diagnostic procedure. I hope this helps, Chris.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply?Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello again, just following up with you and checking back to see if you need any further assistance. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris