Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 02 ford f150 4.6l and the keys are missing, we replaced

Customer Question

I have a 02 ford f150 4.6l and the keys are missing, we replaced the tumblr and received new keys, now trying to start the truck, the theft light flashes constant and truck will not start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the light is flashing, the computer does not recognize the key, do you have any for the original keys?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
original keys are missing, we have new keys that came with the new tumblr. We tried reprogramming the new key but theft light still flashing and no start
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
How did you ry to program the keys?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
went online and researched how to programme a PATS ford key, turn ignition to ON position, theft light flashes for 15 minutes, turn back to off position and repeat the steps 3 times
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
this does not work on the 1998 and up fords, you need at least one program key to reprogram it, you need to have programmed with a scanner, there os no other way to do this if you have no programmed keys, the dealer can do this, but we use mobile locksmiths to come out to the vehicle and program the leys, they are alot cheaper, and it saves a tow to the dealer, our local locksmith charges 60 dollars to come out and do this, the dealer charges over 200, and you have to tow it to them, but until a scanner is used to program the new keys, it will not start,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Please dont forget to rate me, as this is the only way I get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Is there a reason you wont rate me???
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I see you are just looking for a free answer, good luck in the future,Tim