tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

I have a 97 f350 flatbed and I can not seem to figure out the

Customer Question

I have a 97 f350 flatbed and I can not seem to figure out the wiring of the lights in the flatbed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am mainly trying to get the lights in the headache rack working i think i have the rest of it figured out, we'll see when i get the stuff i need to fix it tomorrow. But the lights in the headache rack have me stumped i just recently replaced all the lights with leds and when I did all the wiring i was almost sure everything was right but the left turn/brake light in the headache rack is always half way lit as soon as you turn the key but gets llit the rest of the way when you step on the break or turn the directional on, the right one does not come on at all and neither does the reverse light in the middle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.
i can give you wiring diagrams for your truck if that will help let me knowthanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have them and they don't seem to match the wires running to the top of the headache rack
let me give you what i have,it may be different than what you have,,let me know if that helpedthanksPLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu4nhgthhblaqfs/0405-ford-350-Exterior%20Lamps.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/mu4nhgthhblaqfs/0405-ford-350-Exterior%20Lamps.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help