Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Technician washed down the engine after replacing the thermostat

Customer Question

Technician washed down the engine after replacing the thermostat housing. Truck won't start this morning. Turn the key to start and get a loud click, click, click until I release the key. Starter/solenoid are good, battery is good, tested all the larger relays in the fuse box under the hood and they are good.
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Ford Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,If you take your volt meter and at the starter solenoid what is the voltage your getting at the battery cable connection on the solenoid while its clicking?