Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My name is ***** ***** a 2006 f150 with a 5.4 am getting

Customer Question name is ***** ***** a 2006 f150 with a 5.4 am getting a few codes..vehicle misfires has a multiple misfire code, cylinder 5,7,8 misfires, camshaft pos. bank 2 sensor A and intake A camshaft position timing over-retarded...don't quite know where to start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist the cam sensor errors indicate that either the guides or the tensioners may be or have failed in the timing chain. it is common for this over time. usually over 100k is the time for them to be replaced. what have you done so far??? Roy