rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

E250: I have a 91 ford e250 with 4.9 motor van died on me the

Customer Question

I have a 91 ford e250 with 4.9 motor van died on me the other day no spark so I replaced control module, coil,and distributor distributor cap rotor still no spark any idea what it could be
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. You need to replace the stator inside the distributor if you still have no spark.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a brand new distributor
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.
That doesn't mean it works though.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron