A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

My name is ***** ***** and I'm having issues with my 2007 Ford

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I'm having issues with my 2007 Ford Mustang. The controls for the A/C/ Heater/Blower stopped working after someone tried check the cigarette lighter fuse. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband was checking the fuses on the passenger side box because the 12 volt cig plug in my console wasn't working. He was using a text light and had no power to the plug in the console, he then went to check the cig plug on the dash and hit the side of the plug which sparked, prior to doing this that plug did work, after the spark the plug no longer worked and the ac no longer works.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
First check fuses 10 and 12 in the dash fuse box. They should be 5 amp fuses. Please let me know if they are good.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All the fuss show that they are good using a 12 volt test light. Your answer to my question was not worth $28. I can plainly see that they are mostly 5 amp fuses and I checked them. Not being ugly but most anyone would know this.
I only asked you to check those fuses first and let me know if they were good. I will lead you through steps to locate the problem. Now check fuses 60 and 64 in the engine bay fuse box please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm checking them again now
Sorry, I am not set up for phone calls at this time since my cell phone is owned buy my dealership.