Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Ford: 88 f150 5.0 swap into 93 4.9 wiring harness different

Customer Question

88 f150 5.0 swap into 93 4.9 wiring harness different to dash
Category: Ford
Expert:  camerontech replied 8 months ago.
hi there,im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.do you need the wiring diagrams for the 2 years? if so which diagrams do you need
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wiring from 88 5.0 has four wires out engine to dash 4.9 goes to fuse box 1 wire I need conversion kit
ok,sorry i do not have this info.i will opt out and open this back up on the feed for another tech to jump in.please do not reply, as this will lock to me againcam
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 8 months ago.
Hi there.Are you trying to install the 5.0L V8 engine out of 1988 F150 into a 1993 F150 that came with a 4.9L in-line 6? If so, what conversion kit are you referring to?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes that's all correct .the 5.0 harness want fit to frame I need to know howvto fix that
What conversion kit were you referring to?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was hoping they made conversion kit for 5.0 to 4.9 harness otherwise wiring won't hook up under dash and I will have to go to carb
No, there is no such conversion kit. However, there are wiring kits available for custom applications. Click here to see example.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what application would I need
Custom means you change the harness as required to fit your needs. Have you done anything like this before? What kind of budget are you working with?