Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

I have a 2005 expedition and the check advance track keeps

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 expedition and the check advance track keeps coming on along with abs light, I have changed both front hubs and sensors with no joy, now showing c1235 code
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: C1235
JA: Excuse me?
Customer: Code is c1235
JA: Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: When traction control is off car drives ok
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 months ago.
The C 1235 code is normally caused by a failed rear differential speed sensor or the wiring to it. You should be able to ohm out the sensor located in the diff housing. If it is open, replace it. If not, remove it and check for missing or damaged teeth on the tone ring beneath it. If the teeth are damaged the differential will need to come apart for inspection. Also, if you find a bunch of metal fuzz on the sensor when you pull it out, it may indicate a failed bearing or gear in the diff also. If the sensor and the tone wheel are in good condition, you will need to check continuity on the wires back to the module and repair as necessary.