EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified

Ford Taurus SHO: We have a 2010 Taurus SHO. During cold weather

Customer Question

We have a 2010 Taurus SHO. During cold weather driving, we set both cabin temperatures
at 72 deg. As soon as the engine warms up, the floor heat registers are putting out nice warm air. When we stop for a red light, within 10 to 15 seconds the floor heat registers are blowing ice cold air. As long as the engine is at idle speed, they continue to blow ice cold air. When the light changes and we start moving within 10 to 15 seconds the air returns to nice warm air coming out of the floor registers. We have had it out to our local Ford dealer three times now and they have not been able to diagnose anything. It is getting to be rather expensive at $90.00 per hour.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. If you are at a stop, and the air starts to blow cold, and you put the vehicle in park or neutral, and rev it up for a few seconds does the air change to warm?
Thanks for viewing my response on 4/3/2016 at 10:19:21 AM 5 day(s) ago. Did you fix your car? You did not reply to my request for further information. I would like to finish this chat about your car and have you close the question by rating me. Please let me know if you have further questions on this. Thanks.