EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified

Fusion: 6Bucs, I recently put a 2007 smart junction box

Customer Question

HI 6Bucs, I recently put a 2007 smart junction box in my 2006 ford fusion. Everything worked great, but the brake shift interlock did not release. Can I find a way to make this work. I currently am having trouble finding a new smart junction box. Is it a programming problem or did I simply buy the wrong part.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. The issue you are having is more than likely with the programming. It is required to remove the information from the old module before removing it and then install it into the new module.
Thanks for viewing my response on 4/2/2016 at 6:35:33 PM 6 day(s) ago. Did you get the module programmed? Do you need more info? I would like to catch up with you so you can close out this question by rating me. Thank you.