Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My 2008 Taurus X Eddie Bauer was turning a corner

Customer Question

My 2008 Taurus X Eddie Bauer was turning a corner and all of a sudden it seemed to drag a little and the "wrench" light came on briefly. I pulled over, no light, then started to drive as if nothing else happened. I read that is may be a throttle control or powertrain problem. I have 76,000 miles on the car.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: The loose gas cap came on a few days ago, I replaced it with a Motorcraft part from ford and they said it will be a few cycles before the light turned off, we just filled the tank, and the gas cap light went off, then THIS happened with the dragging/wrench light episode
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that should be it. Is this going to cost me anything? I am under warranty.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist did you have the code checked??? if not, a parts store will check it for free. it would help us in narrowing down the area of failure. anything at this point is just a guess. rather be more specific for you Roy
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
how are you making out???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will get code checked, but I really wanted to know if this is something I have to worry about.
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
once I get the code, I will be able to answer that for you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Never mind - I will have the mechanic at the dealership look at it.
Thanks anyway. I wasn't very satified with the answers I got and would like a refund on my 5 dollars please. Thanks,
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
I cannot give you any answers until you provide the needed information I will foward this to customer service