Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to remove the wiper arm

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to remove the wiper arm from 2016 ford explorer. I removed the nut but the arm is stuck on pretty good. Is there anything else I need to do or just keep pulling?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to remove the complete wiper arm so that I can install a see through window sign on the rear window.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist there is a tool for removing the arm as it is on a tapered shaft and is on there real good. we use a battery terminal puller tool. that will release the arm from the shaft Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Really? I'm supposed to pay $28 for you to tell me I need a special tool??
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
did you already know this??? is that not why you came to us??? you can try another method if you like. use a screw driver with beveled end under the arm,put the nut back on loosely and hit the nut with gently with a hammer until it releases. use a rag under the screw driver to protect the paint roy