sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

FORD F350 DEATH WOBBLE SHAKES BAD AFTER HITS A BUMP, HAVE TO

Customer Question

FORD F350 DEATH WOBBLE SHAKES BAD AFTER HITS A BUMP, HAVE TO STOP VEHICLE TO MAKE IT STOP. REPLACED TRACK BAR BUSHING AND BALL JOINT. STILL DOES IT.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: SORRY FORD F250 I CANNOT MAKE THIS HAPPEN WHEN I TEST DRIVE THE VEHICLE BUT THE CUSTOMER HAS VIDEO OF THE TRUCK DOING IT IT ONLY HAPPENS ON CERTAIN BUMPS IN THE ROAD.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are a handful of things that will contribute to this, and depending on what year the truck is there are some suspension difference which would make a difference in possible causes. Either way, you could have any combination of loose components, incorrect caster, it may be tire related to an extent, and most likely you at least have a weak steering damper. The steering damper's purpose is to absorb road input to the steering linkage and prevent what you're having.What year is the truck?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2011 f-350
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
THE CUSTOMER SAYS AND HAS TAKEN VIDEO'S WHEN IT DOES THIS, HE SAYS IT WONT DO IT OVER REGULAR BUMP IN ROAD, IT MORE HAS TO BE LIKE A LOW PLACE IN THE ROAD TO START IT, IT IS UNCONTROLLABLE THEN
The truck was aligned after the track bar, correct?