Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Expedition: I had the check engine light checked at autozone

Customer Question

Hi I had the check engine light checked at autozone and no codes came up. Also at Midas. They couldn't figure it out either. But pep boys is saying p1405. Is this something I can fix myself?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,What size engine are you running, the 4.6 or the 5.4?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still there?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Okay, thank you, ***** ***** P1405 is set in most cases due to a failing DPFE ( Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Sensor ) and in most cases replacing it will solve this code. Start first with making sure both hose are connected to it and if so I have enclosed the location as well as a quick test you can perform on it to verify if it has in fact failed. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view them. One are the test steps and the other is replacement steps.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok what are the parts needed? The 2nd link tells me nothing.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
The part needed it the DPFE (EGR pressure sensor) . Its shown in the removal steps in the first link.