Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F150xl reg. cab 4x4 4.2ltr v6 with manual: I have a 1997 f150

Customer Question

I have a 1997 f150 xl 4x4reg cab stepside.ive replaced plugs,wires,coil pack, egr, mass flow sensor. the problem is it runs great idleing.but when I put it in gear and take offit spits and chugs and back fires sometimes stalls it wont getgoing . but it only does it when its warmed up and sometimes it don't . this truck has 4 catylitic converters on it . I was told my converters are pluged or o2 sensors are bad. why does this have 4 converters on it ive never heard of that. by the way its a five speed manual. I am at a loss don't know whatto check or replace next. I'm almost out of money. any ford mechanics please help. thx Randy F. flint. mi. email is***@******.***.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 months ago.
Hello. If the truck is sitting at idle, and you turn the AC on, does it feel like it is going to die? Do you have any trouble codes stored?