Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

Ford F 250: I have a 2005 6.0 powerstroke that I had Bullet

Customer Question

I have a 2005 6.0 powerstroke that I had Bullet Proofed about 2 years ago and the truck has been running great, recently I am finding what seems to be oil in the coolant reservoir again. What could be causing this? the people that did the Bullet Proof are saying it could be oil that was in the block somewhere that never came out while flushing the block, I am wondering if this is possible.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** this oil in the coolant problem just start? Has it ever had a oil cooler failure where the cooling sytem needed to be flushed?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Very unlikely it is any type of residual oil left in the block since 2 years have passed. I would say either this oil cooler ruptered or the gaskets are deteriorating and causing a cross contamination of the cooling system.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Are you doing the repair? I can get you some information if you like, thanks Scott