Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Car stalls whiles driving

Customer Question

car stalls whiles driving
Category: Ford
Expert:  ker567301 replied 8 months ago.

so when it stalls are you accelerating or off the gas pedal?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both

Any codes? Did you start with codes? what is the fuel pressure at idle? is the power of the engine feeling normal?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no codes and runs and idles great fuel pressure unknown since I dont have the adapter to test it.

could very well be loosing fuel volume and not pressure. if the cat convertors are restricting this can cause a stall condition in severe conditions

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Runs great and doesnt feel like an exhaust restriction and when it stalls it starts right back up no problem. And I thought fuel as well thats why I replaced the pump. And no change.

so without any trouble codes and no way to verify ful pressure you will need to have it diagnosed at a shop most likely. I would not spend anymore cash attempting to correct this condition without the proper tools to further diagnose. sorry

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
look Im a tech and I dont get schooled by a car very after so thats why Im here asking for help please explain to me what else could be giving me a fuel problem with a new pump. The pressure is modulated by the pump so there is no regulator. Please dont blow me off
Expert:  Waverly Lorello replied 8 months ago.

Hi im Waverly

OK so what exactly is the concern

You have stalls while driving.

1. Normal driving down the road minding your own business the car shuts off you coast to the side of the road and the car restarts you continue on your way

2. Normal driving but as im decelerating to say a stop light the car stalls BEFORE I come to a complete stop car restarts

3. Normal driving siting at stop light car stalls and restarts

4. ANY OF THE ABOVE BUT CAR DOES NOT RESTART

I need too know the characteristics of your driveabilty concern in order to point you towards a FIX to your headache

Thanks waiting for your reply