Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2011 ford f250 paasenger seat back is all the way back, will

Customer Question

2011 ford f250 paasenger seat back is laid all the way back, will not raise to the upright position, forward-backward and up-down is working
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

• Is this a power recliner or manual recliner?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** attempt to move the seat recliner does it make any effort to move or make a sound?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It would recline but not come back up, tried it a little bit at a time till it was all the way back

Thanks, ***** ***** have a weak motor, poor signal from the switch or the seat track is damaged, bent or binding.

Can you unplug the recliner motor and test the wires to it to confirm you get a constant battery voltage and ground when commanding on both directions? That rules out the switch.

Next we need to remove the motor, plug it back in and try it. If it works flawless in both directions then the motor is fine leaving the seat frame to blame. Do you need to instructions for removing the seat from the vehicle to do these things?

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think it's in the switch

Do you now need the directions to replace the switch since the diag results came up bad switch?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris