roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 2009 f150 and took it into the dealer to get looked

Customer Question

I have a 2009 f150 and took it into the dealer to get looked at for the rough idle. He called me and said it was the solenoid and would cost 1300.00. But then called back after doing an oil pressure test at 10 and said they were looking for 14 so said changing the solenoid would be a 50/50 chance it would fix the idling issue and said my engine is going in it
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

no, this sounds like fishing. they are the professionals and they tell you the issue and must stand behind there diagnostic. they come to conclusions based on proper diagnostics. in that process, they should find something that has failed and confirm this in order to fix this.

I suggest before you authorize this repair, have them put it in wiriting that they guarantee that this will repair your issue or the repair is on them. if they will not do this, then remove the vehicle from them and take it somewhere else to have a diagnostic performed.

the solenoid they are talking about is a common failure but must be confirmed before telling you, not giving you a 50/50 chance of fixing it. tell them they have a 50/50 chance of you paying for it.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

Roy