Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I wanted to know can you install a dual climate on 2007 ford

Customer Question

i wanted to know can you install a dual climate on 2007 ford 500 sel the part is from a limited same year 500
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There isn't a issue with it just want the ability to change the climate settings on either side of the car like if im cold and my wife is hot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

Does your vehicle have climate control now?

If it does as single zone, then it may just be a setup on your part.

Or a reprogram to enable dual zone control.

If it doesn't have climate control, then it would be a large expensive job to remove all of the dash replace the HVAC assembly, and then program to vehicle.

Some would class this as an extreme amount of effort for little gain.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok what about the navigation would thst need to be programmed to my specific vehicle or not and is that something th as t doesn't require a dealer and also the radio has aux button but no jack does that mean there is a jack in the car
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

I would suggest contact your dealer about navigation.

I have gone down this path with a few cars.

Some of which cannot be changed because the other modules in the car will clash as a mismatch.

Your radio could have an auxilary jack within the console.

Does it have "Aux" as an input source choice?