Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

My 07 f150 rumbles when going up an incline split second

Customer Question

My 07 f150 rumbles when going up an incline for a split second like it's going over a rumble strip
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It shifts fine but when it shifts down on an incline it gives a quick rumble then it's smooth again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me what size engine you have and how many miles are on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 5.4 3v with 142000 miles
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. One last question. Has the vehicle been tuned up or anything else been changed recently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plugs and could we're done about 5k ago and I just replaced 5th radiator about a week ago there was rumble for the first couple of days then I noticed it on my way home it only does it when it's shifting down from od on hills
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plugs replaced 5k ago
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If the truck is all stock then start by cleaning out the mass air flow meter. It gets dirty and will cause this. If that does not help then most of the time it is due to a programming issue. If the programming does not adapt correctly the computer will not change the fuel ratio correctly and will not shift right. This causes what is happening. It can also be caused by the variable valve timing also, but that is not as common.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I haven't had issues with it since the plugs were change it was only once I changed the radiator could it be caused by something entering the transmission coolant lines when the radiator was swapped
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
It could be that the transmission was not refilled with the correct fluid or it may have a restriction in the transmission cooler.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so I should have it flushed if the the mass air sensor doesn't do it
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you need a flush. But I would at least get it serviced. Did you take it back to the shop that replaced the radiator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I swapped it myself
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I would clean the air flow meter first. If that does not help change the transmission fluid. Hopefully the cooler isn't faulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank I appreciate
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Any time. Please rate when you can also. Thank you.