James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I recently download a navigation software update 2013

Customer Question

I recently download a navigation software update for my 2013 Mustang. After completing the download of the first disc 45min it said complete and ejected the CD! I then got a message on the black screen saying downloading disc 1 of 1. When inserted the disc back in I got another software error message saying disc error and ejected the CD. I've tried two different software CD's provided by software company with the same results. Now every time I start my car I get the Shelby logo on the screen then it turns black saying it's downloading disc 1 of 1 without a CD loaded? None of the functions will work!
Larry
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
Hello, is this a software issue you updated off of the ford website?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
Sorry for the delay the website keeps changing on me. Since it will no longer update it sounds like the software is corrupt. The problem is the cd software won't be able to recover the software. The dealer scan tool can recover and correct corrupt software.