Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1990 5.0 Mustang, spark outgoing from the coil, but no

Customer Question

1990 5.0 Mustang, spark outgoing from the coil, but no sparks to he plugs. Car turns over but will not start. Brand new motor, compression good, fuel good.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that is about it. vehicle has fuel compression but no sparks to the spark plugs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked the grounds, checked voltage to selenoid and coil. verified spark from coil. verified no spark to spark plugs. verified ignition works
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 347 stroker
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Only a few things can cause this, can I ask what you have done and tried and what parts have been changed

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
new tfi module, new plugs and wires, new distributor cap and rotor, new coil and starter selenoid. New megasquirt computer

Ok, this is new added information, and I am unsure, I will opt out,

Expert:  Ironmike replied 9 months ago.

greetings,

let me know if you checked to see if the distributor turns when the engine is cranking. I have seen the pin on the gear snap.