Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have new '16 Escape. I like it very much, EXCEPT the

Customer Question

I have new '16 Escape. I like it very much, EXCEPT the rear-view camera picture is very poor. It is so bad that I seldom use it. I have owned a Honda CRV and currently own '12 Kia Soul. Both these camera give a great picture.
I am told by the General Manager and the Service Manager that what I have is normal and that all the Escapes are this way.
Is this true? If so, shame on Ford.
This car is still under warranty, 4 months old, 4000 miles.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 8 months ago.

greetings,

I will check for any bulletins. I have seen vehicles almost new with clouded rearview cameras that would give very poor pictures.

Expert:  Ironmike replied 8 months ago.

I did not find any bulletins. if the picture is cloudy and the other functions of the in dash touch screen work the most likely cause is the camera. Seems this dealer you have worked with does not want to go the extra for you. They could check a vehicle of the same year on the lot and even swap cameras to see if there is a difference. A good dealer would usually just replace the camera

Expert:  Ironmike replied 8 months ago.

I would try another dealership