Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Specmidd. 2003 ford taurus won't start. altenator is good.

Customer Question

specmidd. 2003 ford taurus won't start. altenator is good. starter is good. new batttery and terminals. new neutral safety switch. lights come on, running locks engage, radio plays, fuel pump engages. there is power draw when ignition is turned. it has started, and ran for a couple days. then quits. running into a wall.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it's a no start problem. turn the ignition and everything acts like normal short of the engine cranking over. has a anti theft system. between that and possibly a lose ecm connection, there's not much more i have availible.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. If there's no power going to the starter solenoid when the ignition is turned to START with the transmission either in Park or Neutral, then the most probable cause of the no-start is the anti-theft system (PATS).

Normally, you would be able to arm and disarm PATS with your original key or remote fob. If that's no longer possible, and due to the fact that PATS can not be bypassed or defeated using normal methods, then the system would have to be diagnosed by either a qualified Ford shop or licensed locksmith.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what is the means used to disarm the PATS my car?