James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I recently bought 2005 F250 diesel with a code alarm

Customer Question

I recently bought 2005 F250 diesel with a code alarm system...I only have one remote...I did purchase a fob (not code alarm) which will operate the door locks but not silence the alarm (left my keys away from the house and tried to open the doors with the new fob (door locks worked but alarm went off.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I have tried to find a valet button (supposedly there is one) but I cannot. There is a sticker under the hood stating that there is a remote started installed....I dont have a clue how to program a REAL fob by code alaram when I get one... there is a small blue light on the dash when the vehicle is locked and I presume alarmed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: would love to just program the new fob so I can lock and alarm with more than one fob
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No...everything seems to be working fine when I have my keys firmly in my ppocket or the ignition
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Hello, are you able to get me a photo of your alarm key fob?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. That is an actual Ford alarm for your vehicle. They can get you a replacement key fob. They need to know it's similar to the Ford remote start fob. There is a valet switch to program the new one once you get it. You will need to find the alarm box to find the valet switch. Once you locate this turn the key to the on position with your foot on the brake and valet switch held for 10 seconds. The horn will beep three times. Press one button on each fob. Each button you press the horn will beep once. You can turn the key off and both fobs will be programmed to your alarm.
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.

Hello, were you able to get both keyfbs programmed to the vehicle?