Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

What could cause the axel to just break? My friend was just

Customer Question

What could cause the axel to just break ? My friend was just driving down an access road when her tire fell off. This is a 2014 Ford Focus. She had just gotten the car out of the dealership shop 3 days ago. It was in for replacement of the transmission shutter (3rd time!). Could this be a result of the repair?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you saying that the tire fell of of the vehicle while driving down the road? I take if the axle shaft came out when this happened?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.

If the tire in fact came off the vehicle while driving recently after the repair or work was done to the vehicle, then yes, this can in face be related to the work that was just done. I would have the vehicle towed back to that same repair shop and insist that the vehicle be fixed for free.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!