Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I accidentally left my dim lights on while the 2014 Ford

Customer Question

Hello! I accidentally left my dim lights on while the 2014 Ford Fusion was off. I managed to open the door and turn off the lights, but now the car won't start.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I left the dim lights on all night. Had to use emergency key to open driver door. Turned off dim lights because they were still on. Now the vehicle won't start. Pretty sure I need a new battery. Not sure what kind, but if there is anything I can do before I buy one.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possbily
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No that's it. Thank You
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you can remove the battery and go to a parts store and have them charge it and test it for you. you may not need to replace it at all. I would start there.