Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2011 Ford F150 Lariat Limited Pulled battery and took out

Customer Question

2011 Ford F150 Lariat LimitedPulled battery and took out dash and centre column to switch out drivers side blend door. Put everything back together and now none of my ambient multi color lights are working. I just spent the last couple hours ripping it all apart to ensure I hadn't missed a connection or something..... everything looks good.Any ideas? is there something that needs to be done so they will work?All of the lights on the centre console work and also dim with the dimmer switch.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

First off lets confirm the module in the center console is getting power and ground before chasing wires and connectors. Can you do that with the diagram below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/ambientlight.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I got it figured out. It would appear that I'm a moron and I skipped the most basic of steps. ......... The fuse panel.

Glad you got it resolved. Did my link help you there? Just so you know a fuse only blows from a wire shot so replacing the fuse alone will not resolve this permanent.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris