James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

No start, 99 f250 super v10 no power to solenoid will run

Customer Question

no start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 99 f250 super v10 no power to solenoid will run jumped out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

Hello, what solenoid are you not getting power too?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a 99 f250 super duty v 10,no start signal to starter solenoid on firewall,tracked wire from solenoid thru neutral safety switch back to connection under master cylinder back to clutch safety switch under dash which has a jumper in it that ohems out no power there . no power on red and white, new ignition switch rebuilt wiring harness by a certified transmission guy new neutral safety switch.No starter signal at all, runs perfect when I jump the solenoid.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The relay is clicking on and off with the ignition switch in the fuse box,power goes thru relay but we seem to lose it in the fuse box
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
This must be a manual transmission. I want to get you the correct wire diagram.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No its a automatic and there is a wiring harness for a clutch safety switch under the dash and it has a factory jumper in it which I ohmed out and its closed
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
Fuse 20 powers the jumper wire for the clutch switch. I show a pink wire with white stripe. This fuse has power when the key is in the start position. Do you get 12v when trying to start?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
12v on fuse 20
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No power white/pink which feeds trans range sensor /neutral safety switch
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

no power in the start position?

Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

I would lower the fuse panel and see if you are getting power coming out of the fuse panel. My guess is there may be some water intrusion on the back of the fuse panel causing your issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will gem module affect that circuit
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
It shows it coming out of the junction box. It isn't part of the gem module. I have seen water damage the fuse panel itself though
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks I change fuse box
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
It was the fuse box? Glad you were able to find it. Please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.