A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

How much $, 1999 e350 MH 5.4 settin months drove to Daytona

Customer Question

how much $
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1999 e350 MH 5.4 settin for 6 months drove to Daytona from calif last year no problems. Just started it up an get codes of P0355 P0354 P0358 runs like shit on about 5 clinders My mechinic nabor thinks its the oil pressure sending unit for the ECU trying to find it..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 8 months ago.

The codes P0355/P0354 and P0358 are ignition coil driver failures for cylinder s #5, 4 and 8 respectively. Inspect the wiring harness for the drivers side of the engine sine those 3 cylinders are on the drivers side. If the harness is good, have the codes cleared and swap the coils with the ones on the passenger side and see if the codes change to P0351/P0352/P0353 or P0354. If the codes change, then replace those coils. But if the codes do not change, then either the wiring harness or the PCM (Engine Computer) is the problem.