Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1994 Ford F-150 5.0 idles good starts good goes in and out

Customer Question

1994 Ford F-150 5.0 idles good starts good goes in and out of stutter a little bit at times while idling but can pull out of it with help then when I put it in gear stalls forward or reverse I can keep it going but it has no power barely to move I've got good fuel pressure at the rail Spark check the vacuum lines TPS tested good no change with airflow on plug tried new air flow sensor did not work either
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I dropped the exhaust for cat blockage I tried new air flow sensor cleaned throttle body tested TPS new spark plugs cap rotor and tried new coil
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Seems to Idol good starts right up sometimes will fall and start stuttering always when I put it in gear
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say you have fuel pressure at the rail can you tell me the actual pressure reading? Also have you scanned the computer to see if there are any fault codes setting and if so can you tell me what they are. Post back when you can and I will see if I can help you with this problem.