Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel

I cannot turn the key in my ignition; the steering wheel is

Customer Question

I cannot turn the key in my ignition; the steering wheel is locked and the key will not turn.
Please advise.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is because of the angle of the steering wheel. If it is locked too far in one direction then this will occur. You may need to jack up the front of the vehicle to get the weight off of the wheels which will help to release it. If it is a manual transmission then it may be the locking assembly that needs to be pressed to release the key. I have had these break in the ignition and cause this to occur. If it is an automatic and if lifting the front of the vehicle up does not help then one of the teeth in the key lock may have fallen out. Did you try another key?