Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 1990 F150 has many problems. But today's is that the

Customer Question

My 1990 F150 has many problems. But today's is that the battery light has started illuminating. The truck starts just fine, but I am concerned that getting stranded may be on the horizon. Any thoughts as to why the BL would just start coming on and staying on? thanks,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a relatively new battery, I keep a solar charger on the truck as i do not drive the vehicle regularly. It only has about 110,000 miles on the engine for a 26 year old vehicle. I use it sporadically for hauling items to the local landfill, and to a new home construction.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help? What is the battery voltage at when the battery light comes on?