A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have an 03 windstar & about 9 mounths ago both of my

Customer Question

I have an 03 windstar & about 9 mounths ago both of my original key fobs stopped working. batteries are new. I went to the dealership & had them test both & both were found to be in working order. could this be a receiver issue & what do I do next
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where is the receiver unit located on my car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My Ph. # *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  A. Penland replied 8 months ago.

Check fuse #6 in the dash fuse box first. It is for the keyless entry module. If the fuse is good and hos power, try the programing instructions below and see if the door locks cycle up and down. If not, the keyless entry module is located under the center of the dash and below are the instructions for that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will not go into program mode. I did the 8 on off several times & got no responce. is there away to test receiver module that I can do

Not without a scan tool that can communicate with it. Simple code readers will not.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I luv this car , still looks new, want everything to work. plus still have backup issues sencer was replaced they say but has ziptie aroundconnection

Before replacing the keyless entry module, have it properly tested first to make sure it is the problem.