roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I really need to get this vehicle fixed beings its not mine

Customer Question

I really need to get this vehicle fixed beings its not mine and very frustrated as to why I am in able to find the fuse or another relay to the power windows on a 01 explorer the early model 3/01
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

it is a complicated system to follow. I will send you the wiring diagram for you to view. aside from the switch, the windows are controlled by the gem module.

take a look then we can continue

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have power to the relays to the right of the foot feet which has a group of relays in a box I replaced the switch too but can't see a single blown fuse in the panel
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

did you view the diagram and check the fuses with a test light for power?? do you have a voltmeter to do some checks???

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I used a test light and pulled the relays they click when you plug them in they are new so there must be another relay that I am over looking
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

ok,, how did you know they are the correct relays??

is there power at the master switch???

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had power to the switch yesterday until my brother in-law tried to jump the switch manually and fried 1 relay now there is nothing to the master switch
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That is what I can't figure out I still have power at both relays but nothing to the master switch
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

ok, thanks. if he back fed the ground and blew the fuse, it is a good chance he damaged the gem module.

first be sure there is power to fuse 4 underhood fuse block. it is a 30 amp fuse. then recheck for power to the master switch. that fuse powers up most of the circuit.

does any of the other windows work???

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have power to the locks and mirrors beings they are on separate circuits
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The fuses are all good under the hood
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

so there is no power to the switch and the 30 amp fuse is hot on both sides with key off or on

did you replace or check the delay relay as in the diagram???

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not sure what else could have gotten fried besides a relay when he back fed the system all I know is that there is no power to the switches after I replaced both relays again
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

relays are very durable and I doubt it is a relay. modules go out when testing wrong and you blow fuses.

I still think you have a failed gem module which is where the fuse from under the hodd goes and that feeds to the switch. I attached a picture for you. it is behind the center of the dash. remove the radio and ac control head to access.

Roy

pleas dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts. I have to pay personally for the info I provide you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a fix to this or is it need to be replaced ?
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

from your posts and responses, it needs a gem module as I stated in my other post. it is a dealer part they do not make them in the aftermarket

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts. I have to pay personally for the info I provide you

Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts. I have to pay for access to the get your information.

Roy