Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

My 2008 f450 6.4 engine shuts off 5 seconds after cranking.

Customer Question

JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: DTC 2291 appeared. W
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: DTC 2291 appeared. I measured the injector pump discharge pressure at 5000 psi while cranking. Expect some other cause shutdown the engine and low injection pressure was the first cause detected. Only runs for 5 seconds and shuts down.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: DPF delete.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the pressure coming off the low side pump? What about aeration? Have you tested for that? I see this code a lot when there is a lot of air in the system.

I have also seen this be caused by bad injectors as well. I would remove the valve covers, test for leaks, and if that passes, remove the injectors and have them tested. If one is bad, from a small piece of metal from the fuel pump, it will throw this code. You can still have high return pressure and have bad injectors.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?