Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I lost all power to the switch I replaced both relays there

Customer Question

I lost all power to the switch I replaced both relays there is power there confused to where the other fuse is all the fuses are good in the interior panel on a 01 explorer sport track
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I replaced the motor it would go down but not up on 2 new ones and the original so I took the switch apart and was going to jump it my brother in-law jumped all 3 terminal spaces and fried a relay now I have no power to the switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to find the fuse or if there is more than 2 relays to the window switches beings everything is new but no power to the switch but the door locks and mirrors have power
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 months ago.

hello, can I get the production date off the lable on drivers door jam? and, what relay did you change and where was it located

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced the 2 5 pin relays and they have power they clicked when I put them in the manufacture date is 03/01
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They are located to the right of the foot feet
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have the owners manual or I probably could have fixed the issue

Ok, there are 2 different designs and locations etc based on production dates, Yours is the early model

so, I need you to pull the larger relay for the windows, one you changed, turn key ON, probe the terminals, How many have power

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am very frustrated the customer called me 2 times already wondering how long it will be till her car is done

understood, I declined a call for now, nothing I can do over phone at the moment till I have test results, If you can not do the tests? then there is nothing I can really do. I am not there and I cant just guess. Hope this makes sense,Sure I can call but do not see where that is going to help right this moment

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I understand that . There has to be a fuse of some sort that I can't find or a burnt wire to loose power to the switches

so can you do the test or do you want me to wing it and list the fuses? I do not like sending and answer that may be wrong

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know the relays are good and have power so is there another fuse ?