Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2002, Ford F250, Super Duty, Crew Cab, 7.3. Had a collision

Customer Question

2002, Ford F250, Super Duty, Crew Cab, 7.3. Had a collision left front corner, mainly left fender. Broke FICUM, tore wiring harness, harness bent engine computer, replaced. Body shop repaired. Replaced fuel pump with Motorcraft.
Two problems: Engine starts but not as fast as it once did!
Dash Emegency brake light won't go out. Unplugged emergency brake light switch, and unplugged brake fluid sensor. Master cylinder is full
Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

After an accident that causes computer damage like this, the entire engine harness should have been replaced as well as the dash if the damage went that far. Since that wasn;t done, then the harness will need to be gone through step by step.

On the engine not rotating like it should, check the battery cables and maybe replace them as well as grounds. Hopefully there is no engine damage with pinching and that is why engine rotates slower.

On the lights, when the computer was replaced, was the vehicle fully programmed at Ford after? If not, have that done first for that could take care of the dash lights issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?