Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I need to bypass the seat memory module in a 2006 Ford

Customer Question

I need to bypass the seat memory module in a 2006 Ford Explorer 10 way power seat. I am swapping these into a 2006 that previously did not have memory, or heat. I just want the power feature
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't necessarily need to bypass it, but I need to trick it to think its on or something, so it can let me move my seat. In the files I attached, one of them is a picture of the module, it has 3 harnesses plugged into it, but one open spot, which I do not have a plug for.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Do you need to move it just one time or make it have power seats to move all the time?

For a one time event just unplugging that motor and power and grounding it will work. If you always want power seats to work with the switch then alot more wiring needs to be changed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris