Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The engine won't accelerate above 3000 rpm. just starts to

Customer Question

the engine won't accelerate above 3000 rpm. just starts to shutter and miss. No engine light.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: What more is there to tell. Air filter is new, nothing blocking the air intake. May be using a little more fuel then normal. Hard to tell. all normal until it hits 3000 rpm.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Depends on what I find wrong with it.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New plugs, new air filter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** this shuddering and miss happen while driving uphill?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if it gets above 3000 rpm

What model, year, and engine size do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2003 ford ranger 4x4, 4.x? engine

4.0 liter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sounds right

Can I have your VIN?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please just forget it. I was looking for simple answers. I've been an aircraft mechanic for over 50 years and have never had to go this far to get money from people. I also don't appreciate not being told that I was going to be paying monthly for this. I'll just go to a local ford man. Thanks anyway and have a good day.

All I wanted to know what size the engine was........you said "sounds right".......not really a definative answer.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. Different tech here.
  2. Would you like me to help?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris