Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 auto. 4.0 engine. Never had

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 auto. 4.0 engine. Never had one transmission problem until yesterdG in driving in town. It just seemed to go into Nuteral. After I stopped and put it in*****it finally caught but will only go a short way before doing it again
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I checked fluids. They are fine. Fluid is not burnt smelling or nothing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I was told a transfer cSe??? I was told a shifter motor on the transfer case?? What is your opinion
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

when this happens and it will NOT move with it still running and you put it in park will it roll or NOT roll and lock on the parking lock in the transmission ?

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer