Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2006 f450 6.0 I recently had all new injectors put

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 f450 6.0 I recently had all new injectors put in. Had the top drilled, tapped and helicoiled. New fuel filters, oil change and filter. Truck was running beautiful for several weeks. Today after running great all day, I got on the highway to head home and the truck out of nowhere started to lose power then shut down on me. I pulled over to the side of the highway, tried to restart and then my battery light came on, started and blew white smoke, started idling rough then shut off on me. Egr has been deleted. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I have a scan gauge plugged in that's programed to the 6.0 the film voltage showed 48 but I don't recall the icp or Ipr readings when the truck shut down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. While running did the check engine light ever come on?
  2. What was heli coiled?
  3. Do you use a programmer for more power?
  4. Did you smell the exhaust to see if it smelled like coolant or fuel?
  5. Will it start now?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris