Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My 1999 Ford Expedition will not crank over, When I turn the

Customer Question

Hi my 1999 Ford Expedition will not crank over
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I turn the key for th truck to start there is nothing any noises Not starting
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery charged, fuel reset, fuses,
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Also the theif light is blinking
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. Your Expedition is experiencing a condition we mechanics call "dead at key", which means nothing happens when you turn the ignition to START. There are several items that could cause that condition; from the anti-theft (PATS) system, to any number of possible open circuits. Best tools to diagnose this type of issue are a scan tool capable of reading engine data and a scope or good digital multimeter.

I noticed from the original post that you're hoping to fix this issue yourself; now that you know what is involved and what tools will be needed, are you ready to start?